Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everybody, this is my first time here and I hope I'll be able to find lots of help!!! Here's my problem. I managed to put my hands on this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Linux Mint Elyssa - Tv-out with aOpen i975-hfs-ga

Hello everybody,

this is my first time here and I hope I'll be able to find lots of help!!!

Here's my problem.

I managed to put my hands on this beautiful motherboard and was planning to use it as a media center with a Linux distro. My choice fell onto Linux Mint. As newbie infact I find it pretty straightforward and with a good hw support.

Now my goal would be using all possible video/audio output interfaces provided by the MB....or at least - to begin with - the S-VIDEO/tv-out interface.

My first attempt to have that up and running was not a success. After installation, I connected the s-video cable, browsed in preferences and administration of Mint but couldn't find anything to let me have a tv-out signal to my tv...

Can anyone please help?

thank you all in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    Hello everybody,

this is my first time here and I hope I'll be able to find lots of help!!!

Here's my problem.

I managed to put my hands on this beautiful motherboard and was planning to use it as a media center with a Linux distro. My choice fell onto Linux Mint. As newbie infact I find it pretty straightforward and with a good hw support.

Now my goal would be using all possible video/audio output interfaces provided by the MB....or at least - to begin with - the S-VIDEO/tv-out interface.

My first attempt to have that up and running was not a success. After installation, I connected the s-video cable, browsed in preferences and administration of Mint but couldn't find anything to let me have a tv-out signal to my tv...

Can anyone please help?

thank you all in advance!
    I think you might be better off working with a mythtv distro. Look into those, if you haven't already. I would suggest Mythbuntu 7.10 or later.

Good luck and welcome to the forums!
    Linux user since: June 2007
    Current distro: kubuntu-14.04
    Specs: AMD Atholon 64 X2 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250 1GB VRAM
    High five if you saw the linux computers 24 used on their CTU sets.

sorry, I just realized I wrote 975 instead of 915 in the title...

thanks Skittle Linux but I would like to stick with Mint...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close