Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok i recently had windows 7 on my computer and i got a horrible virus. wouldnt let me do anything. so i took the good ol trusty linux mint cd ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

BS of Death

Ok i recently had windows 7 on my computer and i got a horrible virus. wouldnt let me do anything. so i took the good ol trusty linux mint cd and reformatted my drive. Now im trying to put xp on this computer. when i put the installation disk in i let it load. as soon as its done loading i get the blue screen of death. Its making me really upset. lol

Hi and Welcome !
    when i put the installation disk in i let it load. as soon as its done loading i get the blue screen of death.
    What error message does it throw?

Boot up from Mint CD, open Terminal and execute this
    Code:
    sudo fdisk -l
    Post output here.

* Its small L in fdisk -l.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    I would definitely make sure the BIOS is not damaged from the virii. Also, I would check to see how dirty all your cooling devices are. In my time as a PC repair tech, 90% or more of the systems I encountered that were behaving badly were due to dust.

That was before the days of malware/spyware, which I think has basically rendered the Windows platform entirely useless. Worse than useless, you can't trust any of your data anymore. Vundo can attack XP, 2000, Vista, and even Windows 7 now. Worse yet, it seems to be able to install other virii on it's own. The problem is really out of control. I know Linux is hard to adjust to, but if you're getting rid of it to get XP, you'll probably just be back here again in a month or two. Might be better off running Windows inside a virtual machine on Linux. That's what I am hoping to try anyway when I figure it out. It's not perfect, but I know I'm damn sure never going back to Windows. The whole reason I just switched was the fact that I had 99 virii on my system, and I am the kind of person who runs spyware/malware, and virus scans often enough that should never happen.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close