Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK, so I'm trying to set up a dual boot with Linux Mint\Windows 7, and have been doing so for hours. I finally found out how to install the Mint ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Geom error?Disk boot failure.

OK, so I'm trying to set up a dual boot with Linux Mint\Windows 7, and have been doing so for hours. I finally found out how to install the Mint bootloader, because I just don't like grub,on a 2gb partition.

In easyBCD I add a linux distro selection, and select that partition. When I save and reboot the menu comes up and I chose Linux Mint. A black screen with this exact text appears:

Geom Error
    DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

I installed linux on a 60gb partition on my 1.5tb SeaGate external hard drive.

Any help?

Linux Guru
    I finally found out how to install the Mint bootloader
    , because I just don't like grub
    The Mint bootloader is Grub.

Which version of Mint are you using? Newer versions user Grub2 which has different configuration files.

If you are using EasyBCD to boot, it's likely a failure in EasyBCD not Grub.

If you still have the Mint CD, load it and boot the CD, open a terminal and run the command:

sudo fdisk -l (lower case letter L) to get your partition information to post.

It should work. I have Mint and win 7 and can boot either with EasyBCD or Grub.