Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just noticed that when I try to import videos from a flashdrive in linux mint, I can only view the videos if the stick in plugged in. I made ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

mint 8, and vids,pics

I just noticed that when I try to import videos from a flashdrive in linux mint, I can only view the videos if the stick in plugged in. I made a video with kdenlive, and now without the stick plugged in, it says the videos are missing from the project, this never happened in mint 7, I can't figure out how to get the videos onto my hardrive, I used to be able to simply drag them out of the flashdrive folder, but it doesn't work...thanks for any help on this.

Have you tried to copy those videos to your home folder? Does it throw any error message? What about other file formats?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Linux Newbie
    yes, casper I have now gotten some videos into my home folder, it was just the default mulitmedia program in mint 8...required a few more steps than the one i used in 7. so far it's working ok. thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close