Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I try to boot it says Loading.... Disk error 80 , Ax=4268 , Drive 9f press any key to reboot I checked md5sum before burning the disc burnt disc ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cant boot the CD Please help

When I try to boot it says
    Disk error 80 , Ax=4268 , Drive 9f

press any key to reboot

I checked md5sum before burning the disc

burnt disc at 8X

waht is wrong

Please help me

Hello asifnaz,

Hope this info helps.
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by nujinini View Post
    Hello asifnaz,

Hope this info helps.
    I didnt help much . Thanx anyway

Linux Guru
    What hardware are you using? Particularly, the CD drive, how old is it? You could check the connections to the drive. Try burning to a different CD, occasionally one is bad, burn it on a different drive.

You don't give much information. How old is your hardware? What is on the computer now? Any operating systems? What did you use to burn the CD?

If you google the exact error you have, there are a large number of hits. Some might prove to be useful.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by yancek View Post
    What hardware are you using? Particularly, the CD drive, how old is it? You could check the connections to the drive. Try burning to a different CD, occasionally one is bad, burn it on a different drive.

You don't give much information. How old is your hardware? What is on the computer now? Any operating systems? What did you use to burn the CD?

If you google the exact error you have, there are a large number of hits. Some might prove to be useful.
    I am using fairly old computer PIII 256 ram . CD drive is 10 year old as well but works fine I guess . I have burnt 3 diffrent cds on 2 different computers that were running on windows xp ...and I used nero 7 ...I am using Lubuntu .I googled for the same error but no match .

As nujinini tried to point out -- get a different CD burner or jus a different CDrom; also upgrade to 512MB RAM minimum. THEN look at a distro like antiX or absolute so that the fun can begin!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by zenwalker View Post
    As nujinini tried to point out -- get a different CD burner or jus a different CDrom; also upgrade to 512MB RAM minimum. THEN look at a distro like antiX or absolute so that the fun can begin!
    As I told earlier I have tried 2 different burners of two of my friends . It has happend that the cd was working fine and the os even installed but in second try it failed to run on 3 different computers .
    I have burnt 7 cd out of wchich only two work Puppy Linux and Lubuntu ..

Linux Guru
    I googled for the same error but no match .
    I googled the error and got 95 hits. Not many but the solutions varied:

Bad CD Burner
    Bad wires to burner/motherboard or loose connections
    Bad download
    Bad burn of iso
    Bad CD

You seem to have eliminated most of those options. I found a couple of sites that indicate this is a result of windows registry errors?? Don't know anything about that. You can check the site below. Since you burned CDs on two different computers, that doesn't seem likely?

Error 80 Repair Tool

Nero is pretty reliable but you might try different burning software. ImageBurn is a free download.

It is a pretty unusual error. Don't know what else to suggest.