Find the answer to your Linux question:
Mint 9 LDXE and Radeon Xpress 1150 Linux noob ditching kubuntu via wubi Download mint 9 ldxe hopeing to refresh the old dell.I understand mint 9 has issues with the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mint 9 LDXE and Radeon Xpress 1150 WTH

Mint 9 LDXE and Radeon Xpress 1150
    Linux noob ditching kubuntu via wubi Download mint 9 ldxe hopeing to refresh the old dell.I understand mint 9 has issues with the splash screen but when i try to install i get the main menu but when i try to do anything verify cd safe mode install etc,my screen goes black with vertical random colered lines is there any issues with the radeon express 1150 or a work around i have had issues with many distros and live cds using infrarecorder buring at 4x.All sucessfull installs have been via wubi installer.Anyone got any ideas for this old dell?Also i have a amd turion mobile 64 prosser and 512 ram Is this distro going to be worth the effort? Kbuntu 10.10 was tolerable and gnome wasstilll a little to heavy xp still was faster but I im sick of windows and want something new.

Aslo this morining the mint 7 xcfe works good but not 8 or or 9 give the same problems as above.

It certainly sounds like an issue with the graphics card, though in theory your card is well supported by the open source ati driver. I would try to disable KMS at boot. To do so add to the kernel line in GRUB2
    Code:
    radeon.modeset=0
    Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" Blank Screen at Startup : Workaround | Ubuntu Tutorials