Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I'm burning the midnight oil with this.. I installed Samba on LInuxMint . No problem. I can see LinuxMint from Windows,but I can not see Windows from Linuxmint. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] how do I share windows with linux

Hi
    I'm burning the midnight oil with this.. I installed Samba on LInuxMint . No problem. I can see LinuxMint from Windows,but I can not see Windows from Linuxmint.
    I have two separate Desktops,one having LinuxMint. The other has Windows Vista.
    Accessing LinuxMint from Windows is just clicking on the Windows network icons.
    In Linux I have icons on my network screen , but cannot access windows shares.
    I'm not sure I understand this sharing application. Does Windows need samba?
    I'm a little confused about this. How do I share Windows to Linux?

liberiangeek.net/2010/03/how-to-share-files-and-folders-between-windows-vista-and-linux-mint/

How To Share Files And Folders Between Windows Vista and Linux Mint | Liberian Geek

I googled this but have not tried it. if not the mint forums is loaded with helpful people

Just Joined!

share windows with linux

OK
    I got it now . I think the problem was for me to deactivate the password requirement in Vista. (network Discovery). Once I did that 'Viola'. I can now see Windows and share files . Most of the time ,the answer is a radio button click away. Well thanks for your input......Rich