Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I had a problem when i try to run the live CD to install. it freezes after it loads up and the LINUX MINT logo with the loading "bubbles" illuminate. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

freezes during live cd boot please help a new member

I had a problem when i try to run the live CD to install. it freezes after it loads up and the LINUX MINT logo with the loading "bubbles" illuminate. i left it on overnight to see if i was just impatient. i have a gateway dx200s with a 2.99 ghz Pentium 4 with 2 gigs of ddr2 ram its not the best computer but it should load this rather quickly. I used to have XP until i got a nasty virus that knocked out my .dll files. then i tried to reinstall it with a fresh copy and then tech support wouldn't let me activate because i had reinstalled windows to many times. so forget bill gates i like Linux better! except for installing programs that aren't already packaged

updated i also tried to also run a copy of zorin os and i encountered the same issue

updated 2 it also happened with Mandriva Linux why is my computer having this issue
    Last edited by MikeTbob; 12-11-2010 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Profanities

Hello and Welcome to Linuxforums.org.
    I would guess that your machine has hardware that Linux does not play well with....at least without some tinkering. I suggest that you reboot the machine with Mint and press the Ctrl Alt F1 or whatever the combination is....to view "verbose mode"...you have to watch the boot screen carefully and you'll see the prompt. See if you can find the specific place where it locks up and try to write it down, post your results back here.
    I edited your post above, bashing and calling people names is frowned upon here.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    It shows "corrupt low memory at" and then a series of numbers and letters that move to fast to read.

edit the only other thing i can read 3699a001

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    here are two images of the codes that it is shooting out. you have to remove the dashes because i couldn't post a outside url but i have no idea what information you needed. Thanks for your help!

w-w-w.shareimages.-c-o-m/images/thumbs/0/0/2/52525-pZeWnZyZnqOilp.Z-photo0004.jpg

w-w-w.shareimages.-c-o-m/images/thumbs/0/0/2/52526-pZeWnZyZnqOilp.Z-photo0005.jpg

Sorry but those images are way too small for these tired eyes and I'm pretty sure they'll be too small when I am bright eyed and bushy tailed.
    When you boot the LiveCD,,try the memory check and the verify the CD/DVD check also.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.

Just Joined!
    the error code from the picture that is easy to see is "error_code+0x73/0x78"

unfortunately it wont load far enough to check the disk integrity. i will update with the ram check in a little bit after it is complete.
    Last edited by sicko65; 12-11-2010 at 08:18 AM.

Can you check the disk on another machine to verify that it's working?

Just Joined!
    i will try on my dell that runs linux! the ram check is complete 87% and there is one error but it has showed up before when it did i tested again and it went away.

Just Joined!
    only one error in my ram and no errors found on the disk. it even gave me the option to install it onto my junk computer.

Just Joined!
    is there any known compatibility issues with any of these cards?

ati radeon x1300 pci 256mb
    ati tv tuner 102-A50309
    creative soundblaster X-Fi sb0460

I removed all of my accessory cards and then boom it runs. now i just need to know which one it was that was causing the issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast