Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently purchased a Trendnet Wireless N PCI Adaptor, Im having some issues configuring the drivers. I used Windows Wireless Driver tool and I was able to locate and install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless adaptor question

I recently purchased a Trendnet Wireless N PCI Adaptor, Im having some issues configuring the drivers. I used Windows Wireless Driver tool and I was able to locate and install the driver however, Im not able to get online just yet I feel like I missed a step. Heres some info on the comp:

Capabilities: [150] #18
    Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
    Kernel modules: xhci-hcd

03:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8168] (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology GA-EP45-DS5 Motherboard [1458:e000]
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 43
    I/O ports at ce00 [size=256]
    Memory at fdfff000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
    --
    Capabilities: [160] Device Serial Number 03-00-00-00-68-4c-e0-00
    Kernel driver in use: r8169
    Kernel modules: r8169

04:06.0 Network controller [0280]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device [10ec:8190]
    Subsystem: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device [10ec:8190]
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 5
    I/O ports at be00 [size=256]
    Memory at fdbff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]

Hopefully that is enough info, Im fairly new to Linux Mint, and have found the forums here to be VERY helpful, thank you in advance for your response.
    Last edited by narsnarf; 01-19-2011 at 02:36 AM. Reason: more info

There is no mature linux driver for this card. The easiest thing is probably to use ndiswrapper and the windows driver.

The linux driver is in the staging area of the kernel, meaning for various reasons of being unfinished or buggy is isn't ready to be included in the main kernel line.
    rtl819x - Linux Wireless

Depending on your kernel version, this ppa (the package is samsung-wireless) might have the staging driver you could try installing. But use at your own risk. Post the output of
    Code:
    uname -r
    to determine your kernel.