Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey every one im new here and im new to linux as well i bought a second hard drive and i used gparted live cd to format the hd i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

need help with second hardrive

hey every one im new here and im new to linux as well

i bought a second hard drive and i used gparted live cd to format the hd i used an extended partition and created 3 300gb logical partitions now my problem is i try to put files in it and this is what i get

and i try to run it and terminal but it says im nit the owner but i tried to change the permissions under the permission tab in properties but it will not let me any help

file type i used was et3

any help would realy help thanx in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello and Welcome
    I think you need to add the new hard drive to the /etc/fstab file and in doing so this will allow you to set the permissions for the drive also. See the man page for fstab, open a temrinal window and issue this command
    Code:
    man fstab
    You already have the file, you just need to add the new hard dive to it.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Hello and Welcome
    I think you need to add the new hard drive to the /etc/fstab file and in doing so this will allow you to set the permissions for the drive also. See the man page for fstab, open a temrinal window and issue this command
    Code:
    man fstab
    You already have the file, you just need to add the new hard dive to it.
    i tried to use the
    mkdir /media/disk/user command but it said file or dirrectory does not exist
    i tried somethin different what i did was i opened the partition
    and i opened the lost and found folder as administrator and from there i clicked on the partitions from the side window and it let me change the from root to user and it allows me to create and delete files on it

im not sure if this is just temporary or if this is the actual fix to the problem but if i try to use the man fstab will that effect any partition i created

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close