Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
I switched to LMDE a couple of months ago after it beat Debian Testing to be my operating system. So far, I think it's great and have had everything work ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Either at home or at work or down the pub

I switched to LMDE a couple of months ago after it beat Debian Testing to be my operating system. So far, I think it's great and have had everything work out of the box; even my wireless. Only had one issue with broken dependencies but as it's based on a distribution with the word "testing" in it's name, I kind of expect the occasional thing to break!

Will this be the distribution that I finally settle down with? I've not managed to settle down so far and also very much like openSUSE which as of 11.4 has a rolling release system. And I want to try CentOS 6 when (if) it finally emerges. LMDE is definitely in with a good chance though!

I can't see paraview in the repositories either I'm afraid
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

A friend came to me with an older AMD 64 Toshiba Satellite and asked me to install Linux on it for his daughter. I downloaded Mint 10. The install was simple and everything works including wireless right from the get go. Mint is so easy to install and operate it's almost no fun...
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Red face Libreoffice

Yesterday my Linux Mint Debian edition upgraded itself and openoffice.org was gone and replaced by Libreoffice. I have been using it for the past hour and I can attest that it is almost the same thing as openoffice... What would be fantastic is if the extensions were libre as well...
    -D-

Registered User # 402675

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3