Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just today my touch pad has stopped working. I have touchpad indicator installed and it has been working as promised, disabling the touch pad when the mouse is plugged in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

HP G42 Touchpad help

Just today my touch pad has stopped working. I have touchpad indicator installed and it has been working as promised, disabling the touch pad when the mouse is plugged in and then enabling the pad once it is removed.

For some reason it has stopped working and I cannot get the touch pad to work at all now. I have tried the following:

1. re-installing the touchpad indicator apt and updating it. Nothing. Configured it and nothing. Een clicking on the indicator and clicking 'enable touchpad' has no effect.
    2. Made sure the touchpad is enabled in the keyboard menu and nothing.
    3. Checked 'pointing devices' and made sure the touchpad is on.
    4. typed 'touchpad' in synaptic and seems everything is fine.

Any ideas? I am not sure what happened but really want my touch pad back. Running mint 10 gnome 32.

Thank you

Just Joined!
    Please help, I know something went wrong with the touchpad indicator apt and broke something, but not sure how to get it working.

I almost have the perfect system working, first time in 2 years using linux...just need to fix this

Will teach me to back up more often

Just Joined!
    All you have to do is double tap the orange light that turns on....it seems that the light is touch sensative.....idk why hp would make the trackpad on/off button as the light and not indicate that it was a button

Just Joined!
    Sorry What light? I wasn't even aware there is an on/off switch for the touchpad.

Maybe I am dense but I cannot find it for the love of me

Just Joined!
    The orange light at the corner of the touchpad....all you need to do is tap it..its touch sensative

Just Joined!
    The light is not on and tapping it is not working. Any ideas?

Thanks

Just Joined!
    Still looking for help with this please.

Just Joined!
    ok
    so go to d synaptics pointing device
    n activate click to tap
    done

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue957400 View Post
    All you have to do is double tap the orange light that turns on....it seems that the light is touch sensative.....idk why hp would make the trackpad on/off button as the light and not indicate that it was a button
    Thanks a lot. I have been having that problem with my hpg42 and had no idea that light was touch sensitive.