Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys I need to install Mint-linux on my laptop.I load live cd with stop and go. With CTRL+ALT+F1 i loged in to desktop.But in desktop there is no install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how could we start in terminal installer

Hi guys
    I need to install Mint-linux on my laptop.I load live cd with stop and go.
    With CTRL+ALT+F1 i loged in to desktop.But in desktop there is no install button.Is there any way to start this installer in terminal window?
    i tried sudo installer or sudo install but no success
    Thanks
    Last edited by whynot; 04-28-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Linux Guru
    I load live cd with stop and go.
    I don't know what that means? You download the iso image of Mint, burn it to a CD as an image and insert it into your CD drive and reboot the machine.

You'll need to explain more what exactly you did. It could be a bad download or an incorrect/bad burn.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by yancek View Post
    I don't know what that means? You download the iso image of Mint, burn it to a CD as an image and insert it into your CD drive and reboot the machine.

You'll need to explain more what exactly you did. It could be a bad download or an incorrect/bad burn.
    i dont know but it takes too long to reboot and it stops in loading logo i have to move into different window with CRTL+ALT+F1 and then it loads desktop but in this desktop there is no install script button. There are two buttons Computer and mints Home buttons.
    I need to start with in terminal command line.
    And in boot menu i choose first choice.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    As I indicated above, it could be a bad download or a bad burn. Can you post a link to the site and the specific download you used. There are a large number of sites and different types of installation CD/DVDs for Mint.

I agree with yancek, check your CD/DVD for errors. You can check the links in my signature to find helpful info on how to do that.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

The most reliable downloads I have found, are from distrowatch.com. Mint is available there for free, and as stated, download the iso, burn to cd, and use as a live cd. The cd will give you the option of use from disk or install.
    Registered Linux user #526930

You should check the cd/dvd for errors.