Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I am a newbie my problem is I have downloaded and burnt a cd for linux ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386 the problem is when i have loaded it all I get is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help can't login

Hi I am a newbie my problem is I have downloaded and burnt a cd for linux ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386 the problem is when i have loaded it all I get is a login screen and all I get is authorisation failure how do I login? please help.
    galaxian

So you are getting authorization failure after typing some user and password ?
    Is it live-CD or you installed it on your harddisk. If you installed it on your hard disk did you create any accounts?
    Having said that,it sounds like you are using live-cd, If its so,check out the page where you have downloaded ,they might have provided some default user name and password.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    Hi thank you for taking the trouble to reply it is live cd I am using I have checked the tutorial and there is no mention of a default password. I even found a video on utube showing how to install it and it does not show inputting of password. is there a way of installing linux onto a separate partition without using a live cd?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I'm not sure why ISO is not working for you. Checkout this
    The Perfect Desktop - Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials
    though its for 10.04 - steps will be very similar. If you are using 64-bit machine make sure you downloaded correct iso image.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org