Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All, I am new to these forums and I'm not sure if this is in the right section, forgive me if it's not. Down to business, I am currently ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Networking question/problem.

Hello All, I am new to these forums and I'm not sure if this is in the right section, forgive me if it's not.

Down to business, I am currently running Linux Mint Debian Edition (201101) 32bit on a gateway m6866. The os is fully updated through "apt-get update and upgrade" the wireless card model in question is "Intel 4965agn" According to the linux mint Hardware Compatibility list , it's listed as "works perfectly" At my parents residence they have Qwest as an internet service provider. Their router is manufactured by Actiontec (provided by qwest) and the model # is Q1000.((I've found this problem to occur on all routers by actiontec))
    I dual boot my laptop with windows 7 and it connects to the router fine. the wireless security is wpa2 aes. When I try to connect with Linux Mint, it just tries and then finally says "disconnected" I've found out though that if you put in the manual ip values, it connects just fine. I went to the router settings and made sure DHCP was on and it was. Here's where it gets confusing. If you change the wireless protection to wpa (tkip) it seems to connect and it does when the network is unsecured. I'm tearing my hair out over this one. I'm relatively a GNU/Linux beginner and don't know enough to diagnose the issue. I've ruled out the possiblity of a bad wireless card and bad router. I've also reinstalled several times thinking that coud have been it and yes I downloaded a new copy each time. On an off note, I was thinking it could have been a bug with mint and I downloaded Ubuntu 11.04 and Fedora 14 and they also had the same problem. Ubuntu seemed to have a higher rate of success without the workaround but the issue still exists. I've tried to include as much detail as I can and please don't hesitate to ask if I missed something. Bear in mind that I don't have access to this router on a weekly basis. I only go over a few times a month if that. Thanks for your time.

Just Joined!
    Did you type in your password for the Wallet/Keyring?