Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi folks. For some time I have run Mint or Ubuntu alongside Windows and a seperate partition. About 3 weeks ago after a Mint update, me connection through my home ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation connection auto auth problem

Hi folks.
    For some time I have run Mint or Ubuntu alongside Windows and a seperate partition. About 3 weeks ago after a Mint update, me connection through my home hub would not connect, however it was fine under windows. I tried re-installing Mint, trying an older version of Mint, installing ubuntu under another partition and apptepting to connect simply via the installation disk to no avail. No only that, but my mouse no longer works under any version of Mint distro (it does however work under Ubuntu) . I tempted to go for a complete format of the hard drive and start afresh, but suspect I may get the same problem.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem. It clearly isnt a hardware problem because windows works fine. Reinstalling over an old linux distro or alongside doesn't solve the problem.

Do you think it might be worth trying a non debian distro to test if and see if I get the same problem?

I searched many forums and can't seem to find an answer.

Many thanks.

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by potatoehead64 View Post
    For some time I have run Mint or Ubuntu alongside Windows and a seperate partition.
    So you have triple boot ... Windows, Ubuntu, Mint - all on the same PC?

About 3 weeks ago after a Mint update, me connection through my home hub would not connect, however it was fine under windows.
    What about Ubuntu ... does that still work?
    How are you connecting ... wired ethernet, wireless etc

I tried re-installing Mint, trying an older version of Mint, installing ubuntu under another partition and apptepting to connect simply via the installation disk to no avail.
    So the original version of Mint you installed, you have tried to reinstall, done no updates (and installed software from the CD rather than using mirors) and it still does not work?
    Do you have an Ubuntu install which works with the network?

No only that, but my mouse no longer works under any version of Mint distro (it does however work under Ubuntu) . I tempted to go for a complete format of the hard drive and start afresh, but suspect I may get the same problem.
    a fresh install over an existing partition should do ... reformat of hard drive is unlikely to help with this ...

What has changed about the system setup ... have you added other equipment to the system since the original Mint install which used to work?

Just Joined!

Angry

No additional hardware has been added. I've just gone for a complete reformatting of the hard drive with fresh windows install. All varieties of Linux still have a problem with auto auth. Really frustrating. It just fails to connect. All ok in Windows.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Smile

I've now solved this issue. It had to do with a firmware update on my router. Thanks

Glad your sorted.

Just Joined!
    I have the same problem , but im on a ship and its not my router, i am suggestting you went online with your router model number and got the update and installed...Correct?????

If so i now have to convince the ship's captain to let me do this