Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sicko65
Why are 90% of the results not relevant? I wish they could just use the regular google and throw their logo and ads on it. I want to support and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

linux mint google custom search

Why are 90% of the results not relevant? I wish they could just use the regular google and throw their logo and ads on it. I want to support and gain revenue for the os I primarily use but when it reduces my efficiency I am left to avoid google custom search entirely. This is one of the only issues i have with this os. getting ready to build a new system within the next few months and linux mint 11 katya

Just Joined!
    i'm not trying to remove it i just want it to work better. this was more of a rant of the fact that people would use it IF it worked therefore they would make more money from ads.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    I don't run Mint anymore. Found it a bit restrictive for me though it is a fine distro. Personal preferences and all came into play for me.

i just want it to work better.
    Talk/Rant to the Mint Devs. I guess.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by sicko65 View Post
    Why are 90% of the results not relevant? I wish they could just use the regular google and throw their logo and ads on it. I want to support and gain revenue for the os I primarily use but when it reduces my efficiency I am left to avoid google custom search entirely. This is one of the only issues i have with this os. getting ready to build a new system within the next few months and linux mint 11 katya
    It is Google. Google search has gone downhill since they lost focus and yeah about 90% of Google results in general are now garbage but it provides revenue to keep the distro going.

Rok - have you looked at LMDE?
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Just Joined!
    How is Google Site Search different from a free Custom Search Engine?

Google Site Search is designed primarily for businesses looking to create a highly customized and Google hosted site search solution - with the option to include other websites and pages outside of their own. For a fee, Google Site Search enables customers to enjoy technical support, customization of search results using XML API, a tailored look and feel, optional Google branding, and no ads next to the search results. While Google Custom search allows you to search the entire web, Google Site Search doesn't permit you to search the entire web but only a specific set of web sites. well i guess i found my own answer! Cmon mint use yahoo BOSS (build your own search service) either way ur payin for it!!
    twoHats likes this.