Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Does Linux Mint/Ubuntu have better support for PCI wireless cards? I'm debating just replacing this usb adapter with a PCI card, but I'm unsure as to how supported they are ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Does Linux Mint/Ubuntu have better support for PCI wireless cards? I'm debating just replacing this usb adapter with a PCI card, but I'm unsure as to how supported they are in linux. I don't want to spend the money to find out I have the same problems with that as I do with the usb adapter.

Really it's all dependent on the hardware vendor.
    If they release open source drivers for their chipsets, you won't even need ndiswrapper. Intel and Broadcom, for example, have drivers that run natively on Linux.

As far as the connection speed that you're getting right now, I'm not really sure what to make of that right now.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Yea it seems when I can connect it's really slow, and some of the time I can't connect at all. Unfortunately with my apartment setup I can't run a line to the other computer, so I think for now I'll just put windows back on it. Mint runs great on this computer with a wired connection.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Before adding or buying new equipment, always search to make sure it is linux compatible. That usually means it will run fine out of the box, or at the least has a linux driver available on the manufacturers website.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2