Find the answer to your Linux question:
My PC cannot use GRUB bootloader which is why it likes Ubuntu 10.10. I install Mint 11 onto the drive, but I get: Fatal: creat /boot/map~: read-only file system. after ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

LILO off Mint 11 Live CD

My PC cannot use GRUB bootloader which is why it likes Ubuntu 10.10. I install Mint 11 onto the drive, but I get: Fatal: creat /boot/map~: read-only file system. after it is done installing.

i need to install lilo bootloader with Windows 7 from the Live CD.

Linux Guru
    My PC cannot use GRUB bootloader which is why it likes Ubuntu 10.10
    Uuntu 10.10 uses Grub2 by default. Mint 11 uses Grub2 by default. If you get a message "read-only filesystem, you've got a problem with the installation. You will need to give a lot more detail on how you attempted your installation, how it proceeded, any warning or error messages during the installation. Do you have Ubuntu 10.10 installed? Do you have windows 7 installed?

Banned
    Both Win7 and Ubuntu 10.10 are installed with LILO bootloader. Linux Mint 11 installed 100%, but Mint needs a LILO bootloader to boot it. All OSes using grub failed. I don't care why so LILO instructions please.

Since Ubuntu doesn't include LILO in the installation disc, how did you install it?

And by saying 'All OSes using grub failed', you're not giving anyone here any information to work with.
    Did you get an error? If so, please post that error, in full.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Banned
    LILO really does come on Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD. Can you help me now, plz? It is a LILO-based PC, maybe because I have a RAID stripped. It works with LILO Ubuntu 10.10.

Fair enough... if it's on the disc, I'll admit to being wrong.
    But you're still not posting any information to go on.
    No errors, no log files.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Banned
    How do you force LILO like GRUB 1.98 (looks like MS-DOS) for the bootloader off the Live CD?

Quote Originally Posted by renegadeviking View Post
    How do you force LILO like GRUB 1.98 (looks like MS-DOS) for the bootloader off the Live CD?
    You don't seem to be making yourself clear. What exactly are you asking here? Force LILO to do what? Install it? Update it? Please try to be a little more detailed so that our members can understand what you want to do. I realize that English may not be your native language but one line answers are not going to get you any help, if you can't help us, we can't help you.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.