Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hi guys ... FIRST POST !!! I am trying to get LMMS to install into Linux Mint 11 ? it installs fine with manager but I cant find where to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to install LMMS in Linux Munt 11 ? PLEASE help

Hi guys ... FIRST POST !!!

I am trying to get LMMS to install into Linux Mint 11 ? it installs fine with manager but I cant find where to launch it ... any help would be great

Thank you

Hello and Welcome!

Two ways to do it.
    First, you can open it from a terminal window by typing in lmms.
    Or you can add it to your Application menu. In Gnome, you do this by right-clicking on your menu and choosing Edit Menus.
    Just select Sound & Video on the left, then choose New Item. Tell the dialog box that it's an Application, type the name and command.
    Done.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    THANK YOU !!!! but why does this keep popping up ?

Could not write file /home/joey/lmms/recover.mmp. You probably are not permitted to write to this file.
    Please make sure you have write-access to the file and try again.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Did lmms crash at some point?
    If so, that file would be an attempt at recovering it. If it hasn't crashed, or closed suddenly, then it's probably just a glitch.

You may be able to just delete it. In a terminal, type:
    Code:
    rm /home/joey/lmms/recover.mmp
    Jay

New Member FAQ
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Ok cool thank YOU!

Just Joined!
    Hi,

I'm having a similar problem to "NewtoLinuxMint11" in that I get this message constantly while using lmms:

Could not write file /recover.mmp. You probably are not permitted to write to this file.
    Please make sure you have write-access to the file and try again.

I tried removing it in the terminal and even tried searching for the file to remove it manually, but it doesn't seem to be there. I then even tried uninstalling and re-installing lmms...the problem persists.

Anyone figure this out?

Hello and Welcome!

Could not write file /recover.mmp. You probably are not permitted to write to this file.
    Is that the full line? Or did it give the same error that was mentioned above, with your username? Could not write file /home/username/lmms/recover.mmp.

If it gave the same error, you'll need to specify the whole path to remove it, or cd to the correct directory to remove it.
    Jay

New Member FAQ

Just Joined!
    Yes it was the full line...straight to /recover.mmp. I thought it strange so I tried looking in my home folder...then did a Ctrl - F search in the root " / " folder in order to search through the whole drive and came up empty...there is no such file in that drive.

Is lmms crashing or closing unexpectedly?
    Or does this error pop-up randomly?
    Jay

New Member FAQ

Just Joined!
    the error pops up randomly, but I must close it in order to be able to continue working...and it pops up every minute or two...reeeeeally annoying.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast