Find the answer to your Linux question:
Newbie question - Linux Mint 11 in (Virtualbox) in windows I would create a shortcut to a network executable: \10.0.0.0\name\file.exe. This would execute a program to run on my local ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Network executable

Newbie question - Linux Mint 11 in (Virtualbox)

in windows I would create a shortcut to a network executable: \\10.0.0.0\name\file.exe.

This would execute a program to run on my local machine. I need to do the same in linux. I am sure the answer is right under my nose but I can't seem to find it...When I do a "Lookup" it sees the network address so I know that my connection is ok to that server.

You assistance would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
    Tom

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tswift42 View Post
    Newbie question - Linux Mint 11 in (Virtualbox)

in windows I would create a shortcut to a network executable: \\10.0.0.0\name\file.exe.

This would execute a program to run on my local machine. I need to do the same in Linux. I am sure the answer is right under my nose but I can't seem to find it...When I do a "Lookup" it sees the network address so I know that my connection is ok to that server.

You assistance would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
    Tom
    You need to be able to mount the volume/share that the program resides. Also Linux will not execute a Microsoft windows program.
    See http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ubu...tml#post850816