Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, when I configure the weather and all is ok, on next system reboot it desappears! To show it I have to set the location for another tyme as default ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Weather problem on LMDE

Hi, when I configure the weather and all is ok, on next system reboot it desappears! To show it I have to set the location for another tyme as default home (by entering pwd).

Every reboot is always the same.

Can you help me?

Hi, when I configure the weather and all is ok,
    Is this a taskbar applet config in LMDE. If so which Desktop enviorment (XFCE,Gnome,KDE?)

I don't run any of those Desktops. But hopefuly you'll elaborate a little more on what you re talking about to give LMDE users a idea of what
    is going wrong for you.

Also, It sounds like you are running as a live session instead of a install.
    Just a guess though. Changes won't stick running a live session.
    One needs persistence to do that. So what kind of Install are you talking about here.
    Last edited by rokytnji; 08-07-2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: guess work
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Hello, it isn't a live session, but a normal install. I'm currently using GNOME environment. The weather I'm speaking of is the one "included" in the clock (right down on the screen).

When I save a city for the first time all is ok, but after the first reboot (and other reboots) of the system the city is present, but no weather. To see the weather I have to set the city (the same before the reboot) for another time as home writing my pwd (left click on the clock, place and the set).

It seems that the pwd of the weather isn't saved in the session.

Well, Since I don't run LMDE and not sure if you are running Gnome Shell, Gnome 2, etc..

Just some links

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=78239

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=78477

Hopefully other LMDE users will chime in here.
    Last edited by rokytnji; 08-07-2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: removed ubuntu link as it was too old.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

LMDE uses the standard Gnome2 included in Testing. It's just Testing with Mint tweaks. I'm not sure what the problem is, since I haven't seen it. I removed all the Mint stuff some time back, since I dislike the interface, and I'm running pretty much standard Sid now, but the panels should be the same. I added a separate weather widget, by right-clicking on the panel, Add to Panel, Weather. That works very well, and gives more weather information.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I use the XFCE edition so haven't seen anythin like this issue, but the first thing I would do is make sure I'm pointed at the new latest repository (more info) and then perform an update.

If this is still not working the two things that spring to mind are

1. Permissions not correctly set on a settings folder.
    2. Some instability caused by Gnome 3 making it's way into testing, which is causing some visual artifacts at least.

I tend not to bother with weather applets because I can look out of the window and see that my droid phone is still getting wrong. Currently it's glorious sunshine with the droid showing heavy rain ^_^
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Just Joined!
    Nobody can help me? Every reboot I have to set the weather putting my pwd

I have no idea why you have to do that. I don't. Sorry.