Find the answer to your Linux question:
Mint's Firefox sucks for me, so I downloaded the package. I also downloaded flashplayer plugin, but all manuals say to copy the .so in the plugin dir, which is not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

FlashPlayer on non distro Firefox

Mint's Firefox sucks for me, so I downloaded the package.
    I also downloaded flashplayer plugin, but all manuals say to copy the .so in the plugin dir, which is not in the firefox dir.

How can I solve this? Thanks

Trusted Penguin
    What is the "firefox dir" you mention? If for example, you installed Firefox to /opt, then the plug-ins dir would be /opt/firefox/plugins/. On my system I can also use the default mozilla directory /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/.

Or do you mean the flashplayer plugin ".so" is not in your firefox plugins dir already? How did you install the plugin (via package manager or manual untar, etc.)? The file you need is "libflashplayer.so" and should be copied or symlinked to the firefox/plugins, or mozilla/plugins directory (or also to a dir in your home directory, but I like to make it available to all users).

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3r0b4b3l View Post
    manuals say to copy the .so in the plugin dir, which is not in the firefox dir.

How can I solve this? Thanks
    Create the plugins folder within the .mozilla folder and move the .so file there. Doing it that way works for me every time.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    What is the "firefox dir" you mention? If for example, you installed Firefox to /opt, then the plug-ins dir would be /opt/firefox/plugins/. On my system I can also use the default mozilla directory /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/.

Or do you mean the flashplayer plugin ".so" is not in your firefox plugins dir already? How did you install the plugin (via package manager or manual untar, etc.)? The file you need is "libflashplayer.so" and should be copied or symlinked to the firefox/plugins, or mozilla/plugins directory (or also to a dir in your home directory, but I like to make it available to all users).
    ah lol, yorite! Haven't thought of it, I ll try it.

thanks!

please reply back if fixed or not

Errrrr. Commands are so easy.

Code:
    ~$ locate libflashplayer.so
    /home/owner/Backups/libflashplayer.so
    /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so
    /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
    /usr/share/ubufox/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
    /var/lib/flashplugin-installer/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Hi

I had the same issue a few days ago. Just push the "libflashplayer.so" in /user/lib/mozilla/plugins. I was wondering about this solution as well. But the compieled firefox-linux package (on my machine in /home/user/software/firefox) seems to search there for some reason.

Does somebody know, why?

Br
    Haze

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by hatebreed View Post
    please reply back if fixed or not
    ******* fixed