Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I booted up my system, it said that a script has not run properly and asked if I wanted to delete it. Without looking into it, I deleted the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem with system after file deleted.

When I booted up my system, it said that a script has not run properly and asked if I wanted to delete it. Without looking into it, I deleted the script, and now I have no sound and my internet and other various things will not start up. Usually the bottom right part of my taskbar is full of programs, and none of them will start up.
    his?Screenshot.jpg

I have seen this message, and in my cased it has to do with the clock docklet(?) - i have always assumed a bug in the applet and just said selected "no" to the question like "do you want to delete the clock applet". Then the next time i boot it is fine.

The clock has done this several times, but not often enough to put it high on my list.

In your case, i suggest you have a look at Menu/Administration/Log File Viewer and see if you can find what the problem was?

HTH
    - Clouds don't crash - Bertrand Meyer

registered Linux user 393557

finally - hw to brag about - but next year it will look pitifully quaint:
    Athlon64 X2 3800 - 1G PC3200 - 250G SATA - ati radeon x300
    circa 2006

Just Joined!
    I'm not quite sure how to go about searching the log files, as I don't really know what it is I'm looking for. Can I just pop in my install DVD and have it recover damaged files?

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    It's really hard to see from the screen shot but it looks like you are missing the clock and notification area applets?

If so, simply right click on the panel and select add to panel. From there you can add anything that is missing.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

Just Joined!
    thanks, that's exactly what the problem was.