Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was dual-booting Windows 7 and Mint 10 and removed 10 and now I want to boot both W7 and 11. From what I read onling Mint 12 doesn't include ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need help with moving to Mint 11

I was dual-booting Windows 7 and Mint 10 and removed 10 and now I want to boot both W7 and 11. From what I read onling Mint 12 doesn't include a Windows installer. I have a 50Gig partition on my hard drive and want to install it there. Also where is the best place to download M11 from?

The best place to download from would probably be listed on the downloads page of the Mint website.....whichever site gives you the best download speed. I'm not sure if it has WUBI install or not. You can always install Unetbootin in Windows and use that to install many different distros.
    Main Page - Linux Mint
    FYI: Mint 12 is also available.
    UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Linux Newbie
    You don't need the windows installer to dual boot that's just to install it inside of windows. The live cd will install it alongside windows.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Take a backup of any data you would miss. It is better to have a backup that you don't need than not to have one that you do. The live CD will allow you to install Mint alongside Windows as has already been said, just take your time with the partitioning phase.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent