Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I've recently installed linux mint lxde edition and I want to run openbox session without lxde processes (such as lxpanel etc.) I want just openbox without any unnecessary processes. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to start 'clean' openbox session on linux mint lxde

Hi,
    I've recently installed linux mint lxde edition and I want to run openbox session without lxde processes (such as lxpanel etc.) I want just openbox without any unnecessary processes.

I'm looking forward to your reply cos on my PC any KB of RAM is at a premium

Thanks in advance.

Well, Here is the link to Mint LXDE user guide in PDF form. Just download the pdf and read. I don't run Mint by the way. I run Fluxbox on this rig also. It is pretty light on resources like openbox.

Documentation - Linux Mint
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Do you know where is a file where is saved data which program starts when openbox starts?

Quote Originally Posted by kaktus94 View Post
    Do you know where is a file where is saved data which program starts when openbox starts?
    Well, if I understand you correctly. My ~/.fluxbox file is a hidden file in my /home/(your user name)/.fluxbox directory.

You have to use view hidden files in PcManFM while in /home/(your user name) to see it. It will say /.openbox. There should be a some text files like, preferences, applications, etc...... in that folder.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home