Find the answer to your Linux question:
Greetings! Writer in my Windows' OpenOffice has, among others, a config file of hundreds of user custom colors. It would take weeks to re-do those RGB configurations on Mint (9 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Changing OpenOffice config file within Casper of USB flash drive

Greetings!

Writer in my Windows' OpenOffice has, among others, a config file of hundreds of user custom colors. It would take weeks to re-do those RGB configurations on Mint (9 and 12) OpenOffice since the program never had any way of simply importing configurations. I was able to easily transfer Writer's configuration file (standard.soc) from Mac OpenOffice to Windows OpenOffice because the directory structure is largely the same, but that doesn't seem to exist in Linux/Mint, much less accessing or changing any OpenOffice configuration files within Casper where OpenOffice stores its persistence config files.

Any hints would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks!

JimG

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I'm not in front of my Mint box right now but I would look in /YOUR_HOME_DIRECTORY/.openoffice which will be a hidden directory.
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    I'm not in front of my Mint box right now but I would look in /YOUR_HOME_DIRECTORY/.openoffice which will be a hidden directory.
    Thanks for the tip! Took a whole to learn to use the Find feature to do this but it works! Wonder why and wish I knew why OpenOffice wanted to "hide" this kind of thing!

Jim in NYC

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    The Linux file system is entirely unlike Windows. Your personal configuration files for software will typically be in hidden directories under your home directory. I guess they are hidden to keep things a bit tidier. This is a fairly light-hearted introduction to the file system.
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent