Results 1 to 2 of 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- Join Date
- Jun 2012
USB Dual boot Win7 (first) Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon (2nd) won't install
SPECS: Gigabyte P67x-UD3-B3 Mobo
Patriot Pyro SE SSD ATA 60GB
ATI hd 5750 GPU
Intel I3 2.9 ghz
8GB Gskill Sniper Series 1866MHZ ram
Are you trying to make a double boot of your system? I mean trying to install windows and linux mint side by side? If so...
Since THIS is the way I do mine, may I suggest you give it a try too.
1) Download unetbootin for windows and install in your USB.
2) Download the version of the Linux flavor you want to use to your windows desktop.
3) Click on the unetbootin installer in your USB and there will be intructions given.
4) Before installing you may reboot your system with the USB attached so you can use the Live version.
5) Use gparted which I think comes with Linux Mint 13 to partition your system. I would suggest formatting to ext4 rather than fat32.
Please feel free to post any follow-up questions.
Linux User #489667