Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have been running Linux Mint 12 for a several months now. However, i recently got a new 1080p monitor and now youtube and other video players start to lag ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

How to fix full screen youtube lag?

I have been running Linux Mint 12 for a several months now. However, i recently got a new 1080p monitor and now youtube and other video players start to lag when i go full screen.

The confusing part is when i dual boot in windows 7 it doesn't lag at all. How do i fix this? Am i missing the right drivers or can i overclock the GPU? i don't know anything about graphics cards

Intel i3 Sanddy Bridge at 3.2GHz
    4GB RAM
    NVIDIA ION 218 graphics card

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Have you installed the NVidia drivers as the nouveau ones may struggle as they are still relatively new. You install the Nvidia drivers using the hardware drivers utility.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Didn't help. I tried the NVIDIA stock drivers, the drivers Linux found, and the post release drivers found under the additional drivers menu. the lag does not go away on Linux. My Windows side of the computer has no lag fullscreen.

Linux, mint or Ubuntu, is just faster in every aspect i don't want to switch back to windows if i want full screen videos.

Anyone else has any ideas?