Find the answer to your Linux question:
if I try to go to one of the six consoles (CTRL+ALT+{F1...F6}), i get an "input not supported" message from my monitor. This is the same thing I'd see if ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

CTRL+ALT+{F1...F6} = input not supported by ACER monitor

if I try to go to one of the six consoles (CTRL+ALT+{F1...F6}), i get an "input not supported" message from my monitor. This is the same thing I'd see if I turned the monitor on with the powerd off.

I also see this just after post and just before Mint boots to the login screen.

CTRL+ALT+F7 brings me back to my X session, so this is not critical, but...

The monitor is an ACER, I don't recall the model as I'm at work. Before Linux, I ran WIN7 from this rig and never experienced this after the POST.

What to do?

Trusted Penguin
    you can try setting the video mode at boot time. interrupt the grub boot prompt, and do something like:

Code:
    vga=normal nomodeset
    or

Code:
    vga=ask

Just Joined!
    ok except, like I said, after the post check and the "press for delete to edit boot menu" bios screen I can't see anything. The screen goes black and the "input not supported" message pops up on the screen until I end up at GDM.

Can this be edited after logging in?

I'm still within my first year of linux, so if I may be missing something obvious.

Just Joined!
    I found the solution on the Linux Mint Forums
    Code:
    forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=90630