Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just switched to Mint 13 Mate, and love it. I like to use mutiple work spaces, and have seen some screen shots showing 2 or more workspaces on the bar, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Mutiple work spaces in mint 13 mate

Just switched to Mint 13 Mate, and love it. I like to use mutiple work spaces, and have seen some screen shots showing 2 or more workspaces on the bar, but can't figure out how to do that with my install. A search brings up a lot of references to the fact that you can have mutiple work spaces, but I haven't found one that tells how. Thanks for the help.
    Registered Linux user #526930

I think if you move the mouse to the very top left of the screen it will show your different desktops. From there I think you can add more if needed.
    Last edited by mactruck; 08-07-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Its top left not right

Just Joined!
    I'm facing the same problem - not being able to get multiple work spaces / desktops in Mint 13 Cinnamon. I've re installed several times even downloading new iso's trying to get the work spaces to appear as on the youtube clips. I'm running Mint 13 as a VM under Vmware. Mint 13 Mate has work spaces okay but so far I have been unable to get them working in cinnamon. (I also run Debian Squeeze in LXDE, XFCE & gnome, Fedora 17 in the same 3 desktop environments, Ubuntu, Xbuntu and Lubuntu all as VMs but do not have the work spaces issue in any of these)

Moving the mouse pointer to the top left corner does not bring up other desktops, nor does altering any of the settings I've found. I have been able to open a program and move it to another desktop / work space, but unless the panel is set to show all open applications on all workspaces, the application moved to another work space is inaccessible.

Solved

Sorted out my problem. Just not used to mints way of doing things. Go to the task bar at the bottom, right click, click on Add to Panel, go o the bottom of the list, and click on window switcher and window list. I now have my work spaces I can select between.
    Registered Linux user #526930