Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm running Mint 13 Mate as a virtual machine under Vmware on an AMD FX8120 @ 4.25 GHz, 16 GB ram total (Win 7 host). The VM has 2 GB ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

File manager crashes in Mint 13 Mate

I'm running Mint 13 Mate as a virtual machine under Vmware on an AMD FX8120 @ 4.25 GHz, 16 GB ram total (Win 7 host). The VM has 2 GB ram and a single cpu core allocated currently. I also ran it with 2 cpu cores allocated but did not notice any difference in performance (or difference in the following problem).

The problem is file manager keeps closing by itself (crashing?). Other programs such as firefox, terminal, some java applications, bleachbit, vlc etc running simultaneously continue running but file manager just keeps disappearing. This sometimes occurs immediately upon starting file manager but nearly always when I switch workspaces away from the work space in which file manager is running.

Ideas and suggestions will be appreciated.

Hi
    Try to install the all available updates.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by lystor View Post
    Hi
    Try to install the all available updates.
    Hi Lystor, all updates have been installed. I've just installed Thunar which so far seems to be more stable than the Mint version of nautilus (Caja).

I'm finding the latest fedora editions very stable and good and am also happy with Debian wheezy but found Debian Squeeze unstable (yep, I know squeeze is supposed to be the stable version and wheezy the testing versions but this is just how they work in the virtual machines)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close