Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am using Mint 11 and I had problems with Firefox crashes, so I decided to reinstall it from zero. I didn't know what to do so I've deleted ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mozilla Firefox installation problem

Hello,

I am using Mint 11 and I had problems with Firefox crashes, so I decided to reinstall it from zero.
    I didn't know what to do so I've deleted manually all what I've found on HD with 'firefox' or 'mozilla' name in it.
    Looks like I've also deleted dpkg info and list files, because some forum post advised me to do it.
    On apt-get -f install I have this errors:

dpkg: warning: files list file for package `firefox-locale-en' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
    (Reading database ... 160861 files and directories currently installed.)

dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/firefox_14.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.11.04.1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
    trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/firefox/plugins', which is also in package adobe-flashplugin 11.2.202.238-0natty1

Errors were encountered while processing:
    /var/cache/apt/archives/firefox_14.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.11.04.1_amd64.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Anyone can tell me how to rebuild dpkg database for a start?

I guess now you know you shouldn't randomly delete stuff from your HDD, but that is a learning experience. You should always use your package manager. Here is a procedure that you might be able to adapt to your mint installation: Ubuntu dpkg recovery