Hello everyone, I'm having problems getting my sound card to work properly with Mint 12. The issue is that I have 2 USB sound cards. One of them is my scarlett 2i2, the one i want to use, and the other one is the interface built in to my midi controller (m-audio venom). I want to use my venom as a midi controller, but not it's built in interface because it keeps causing issues... every time i plug it in it disables all my sound cards. I want to black list the venom but it uses the same driver as my scarlett (snd_usb_audio), so its not as simple as the traditional method you would use for an integrated sound card such as blacklisting snd_hda_intel. I'm kind of lost here and I can't find any information on it. The midi controller has no built-in option to disable the sound card, so the only options i have right now are either no midi or no sound.

Here is the results from cat /proc/asound/cards:
0 [PCH ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
HDA Intel PCH at 0xfbff4000 irq 49
1 [Generic ]: HDA-Intel - HD-Audio Generic
HD-Audio Generic at 0xfb7fc000 irq 50
2 [USB ]: USB-Audio - Scarlett 2i2 USB
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB at usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.8, high speed
3 [Dock ]: USB-Audio - Alesis iO Dock
Alesis Alesis iO Dock at usb-0000:00:1a.0-1.1.1.3, full speed
4 [Launchpad ]: USB-Audio - Launchpad
Novation DMS Ltd Launchpad at usb-0000:00:1a.0-1.1.1.1.4, low speed
5 [Venom ]: USB-Audio - Venom
M-Audio Venom at usb-0000:00:1a.0-1.1.7, full speed
Now that I look at it, I don't want the launchpad or the iO Dock outputting audio either.

I also get popping sounds all the time, especially during web browsing (This has happened with mint, arch, fedora, and ubuntu and I have found no solution).

Any advice would be appreciated, this is the first distro I've tried that is ALMOST usable.