Find the answer to your Linux question:
I tried to install utorrent server on my mint 13 but got error messages for libssl and libcrypto I tried to symlink both the libraries with newer versions ~/utorrent-server $ ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy openssl problem for utserver

I tried to install utorrent server on my mint 13 but got error messages for libssl and libcrypto
    I tried to symlink both the libraries with newer versions

~/utorrent-server $ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libssl3.so /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
    ~/utorrent-server $ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto++.so.9.0.0 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8

./utserver: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by ./utserver)
    ./utserver: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: version `OPENSSL_0.9.8' not found (required by ./utserver)

please tell me what to do???

Just Joined!
    Please check dependencies of utorrent server for mint 13 ... If you are installing the different versions of ssl and crypto then also you will face this problem ...

Just Joined!
    can You please tell me why you are doing this link ....
    ~/utorrent-server $ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libssl3.so /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
    ~/utorrent-server $ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto++.so.9.0.0 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by machindra89 View Post
    can You please tell me why you are doing this link ....
    I believe those libraries are not available in my machine
    or am i wrong