Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone, I am a newbie in linux world and I installed linux mint 13 MATe yesterday and when I was exploring it I found some themes, icon packs etc. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Mint !3 MATE

Hello everyone,
    I am a newbie in linux world and I installed linux mint 13 MATe yesterday and when I was exploring it I found some themes, icon packs etc. on gnome art website. When i was searching for how to install splash screen from the same site then I got some tips on it and so I did some editing in configuration editor accordingly and after rebooting my desktop is showing only firefox icon and no other options, menu or panel. Although I can still change background by right clicking and open nautilius by pressing F3. I forgot to mention that i was running linux mint in dual boot mode along with windows xp. So further i thought that i can repair it by reinstalling linux mint with dvd, but oops...what I can see now is three operating systems on booting computer---1. newly installed linux mint working ok, 2. windows xp working ok, 3. linux mint previously installed which created problem mentioned above. Now I want to completely uninstall, remove and delete both the linux mint and keep only win xp, after that i will reinstall linux mint. So please help me and tell me how can I completely remove both linuxmint so that my computer come to the previous normal state.

Thank You in advance sorry for my english.

Hi and Welcome !

We have to check partition structure of your Hard disk. Boot up Linux Mint and open Terminal. Execute following commands in Terminal :
    Code:
    sudo fdisk -l
    df -h
    Post output here.

* Its small L in fdisk -l.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First