Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I'm not a very experienced linux user. I've tried different distros from time to time.. The reason i'm not using linux on a daily basis is because i don't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Looking for a newer Linux Mint 9 "Isadora" Fluxbox look-a-like

Hi!
    I'm not a very experienced linux user. I've tried different distros from time to time..
    The reason i'm not using linux on a daily basis is because i don't understand some things. My favourite distro so far is Linux Mint 9 "Isadora" Fluxbox x86 .
    Just because it is so tiny, simple and there is almost no menu or anything.
    Is that because of the fluxbox? Is it possible for me to make a later version of Mint to look exactly like that?

My problem is that Linux Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora looks more and more like Windows.. Huge buttons, a lot of buttons, icons and menus! I want to get away from that!

What i want is a linux distro that is just totally blank! And the menu pops up when i right-click and everything is there. Just like Linux Mint 9 Fluxbox i tried.

Maybe you can suggest another linux distro that works just the way i want with almost nothing visual in "x" .. I just want to right-click to get menu with all software. I don't want enormous menu and menu trees and stuff like that. As invisible and tiny as possible.
    How ever i'm familiar with the apt-get methods and if i'm going to choose a linux distro apt-get has to work on that distro as well.

Sorry if i am not able to explain this in shorter words or in a better way but my English is not on fire right now.

All help is much appreciated!

[img-link]ipic.se/img/1351465184.png[/img-link]

Regards
    Pharanim
    Last edited by Pharanim; 10-28-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Like this?

http://ompldr.org/vZnd6ZA/dirty.jpg

Look Left and ask where i got this from if interested.

The connection has timed out
    The server at iPic.se - UltraFast Free Image Hosting! is taking too long to respond.
    Mine is 64bit but I can point you to a i386 download link if interested. That one is based on Debian testing. I can also point you to a openbox distro based on Debian Unstable if you prefer also that I run.

http://antix.freeforums.org/download...131bb2b94ea4b4
    Last edited by rokytnji; 10-29-2012 at 03:40 AM.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home