Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm having some problems installing linux mint 13 cinnamon. I get about half way through the install , actually about half way through the file copy process and the install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

linux mint 13 cinnamon install freezes

I'm having some problems installing linux mint 13 cinnamon. I get about half way through the install , actually about half way through the file copy process and the install window disappears . The mouse cursor looks as if there is something going on but the install doesn't finish. Any thoughts?

Linux Newbie
    Hi. Try CTRL + ALT + F1 through F6 to see if you can open a terminal, and watch the error messages. One stupid question : are you using a burned CD or a USB DISK to install ? Did you verify the MD5SUM of your ISO before burning ? Did you burn your CD at full speed ? Did you check you CD after burning ?

it's not a burned dvd. it's from a linux mag. I've tried 2 different dvds and they both do the same thing in different spots in the install process. I think i've narrowed it down to the hard drive though after tring multiple times it started freezing the system and had error messages pertaining to the hard drive. thanks for the help though