Find the answer to your Linux question:
Greetings! I regularly use Remmina on my Maya XFCE flash drive (on a laptop) via wifi to my XP desktop, but what I'd really like to do is what I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Creating XP Desktop icons on Mint Desktop

Greetings!

I regularly use Remmina on my Maya XFCE flash drive (on a laptop) via wifi to my XP desktop, but what I'd really like to do is what I used to on a Mac, that is create icons of my XP desktop on my Mint desktop to open like a regular file. It's really complicated for this non-techie to tinker with the Network menu and such. Are there any step by step instructions on accomplishing this?

Thanks!

Jim in NYC

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jimwg View Post
    Greetings!

I regularly use Remmina on my Maya XFCE flash drive (on a laptop) via wifi to my XP desktop, but what I'd really like to do is what I used to on a Mac, that is create icons of my XP desktop on my Mint desktop to open like a regular file. It's really complicated for this non-techie to tinker with the Network menu and such. Are there any step by step instructions on accomplishing this?

Thanks!

Jim in NYC
    Hi.

I'm having the same use. What I did is
    -writing a script named myremoteconnection.sh located in /usr/local/bin containing :
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    rdesktop -u myusername -p mypassword -g 1152x864 IP_address_of_my_target
    -Changing the script to executable by running once
    Code:
    sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/myremoteconnection.sh
    -Creating a desktop shortcut to the script.

Obviously the "-g 1152x864" is the size of the window I want to run in. You could write whatever you want here.