Find the answer to your Linux question:
My first experience of Linux "Mint" ...Mint13 live CD and pppoeconf registers "No working ethernet card could be found". So I tried other "Ubuntu" live cd's. Same effect. Board is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

network driver for motherboard gigabyte ga-h61m-d2h

My first experience of Linux "Mint" ...Mint13 live CD and pppoeconf registers "No working ethernet card could be found". So I tried other "Ubuntu" live cd's. Same effect. Board is new and works perfectly in Win7 (dual boot). Chipset is h61. Can somebody please help me find a network driver or do I have the wrong Mobo for Linux? Other people have same or similar problem with linux drivers for this board. I'm a little dissappointed. Obliged

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    There are Linux drivers for this board, although they may not be installed by default. This board uses the Atheros 8151 chip set. You will need to install either with apt-get/synaptic, or by downloading and installing from the deb file from a Mint, Ubuntu, or Debian mirror site. I think the module is atl1c.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Thanks for the support, that's more than I got from the Mint forum. The wrong driver got installed, the proper driver's a headache to find so I went out & bought a cheap Realtek card, works out of the box. One problem though, on network settings "configure" is greyed out so I can't set LAN IP Address to static. Any ideas welcome as always

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    sudo to root and then run the lan manager from the command line. For gnome it is nm-connection-editor. Alternatively, you can edit the network configuration files directly. For Red Hat systems they are in files such as /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0, etc.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!