Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. I am new to linux mint. i am trying to copy my sons driod4nook sd card which is a 8gb card to a 16gb card. its is bootable and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to copy a sd card to larger sdcard

Hello. I am new to linux mint. i am trying to copy my sons driod4nook sd card which is a 8gb card to a 16gb card. its is bootable and as several partition on it. can some one please help me. i was able to do it through windows but i cant figure out how to use the full 16gb. please help

Linux Guru
    The first step would be to boot Mint, open a terminal and run this command: sudo fdisk -l(Lower case Letter L in the command)
    You will be prompted for your user password, enter it and you should get output showing your drive/partitions. Have both cards plugged in before you run the command. With that information, someone should be able to give you more details

Just Joined!
    I would definitely check what partitions are first.
    I'm pretty sure you could dd the entire SD card into another, then use a disk partitioning tool to resize them appropriately.

Just Joined!
    I really like parted, for anything related to disks and with the front end (Gparted) its the best tool i have found