Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Sat the resolution down to 1680x1050 and forced the DPI to 120 and now everything are inside my monitor. + The fronts are also down now, not so insanly big. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sat the resolution down to 1680x1050 and forced the DPI to 120 and now everything are inside my monitor. + The fronts are also down now, not so insanly big.
    So it "works" now, just a huge downgrade to swallow witch i will never accept :P

guess the only downgrade I will take is going from Win8 to Win7 as the bitter truth.

Than you for the help and it's sad. since I was really ready for going into mint :P

Maybe another year!

-Tor

Edit:
    Had most of the problems solved here in the end but two things were bugging me.
    1. I could not use my max resolution, and overscan with nvidia is a nightmare for a novice in linux like me. I googled, read for 2 hours and got dumber.
    2. in the "working" setup i did install wine and tried my favourite game World of Warcraft, had record low FPS at 1..

guess i can try again when windows 9 comes out. prolly got some "working" hardware by then. :P
    Last edited by Juukamen; 12-28-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2