Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello, first let me apologize for making another thread about this, but none of the others worked or i didn't understand them, i am very new to Linux. today i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

stuck at Grub4Dos after install

hello, first let me apologize for making another thread about this, but none of the others worked or i didn't understand them, i am very new to Linux.

today i installed Mint 14 as a dual-boot with windows 7 and XP using this guide: www .linuxbsdos.com/2011/06/11/dual-boot-linux-mint-11-and-windows-7/ its a little old but i figured it would still work, everything went well and i used EasyBCD to add mint to the boot menu. problem is whenever i try to boot i get stuck at a Grub4Dos screen. is there some special command i need to enter into Grub4Dos? or perhaps i was using EasyBCD wrong? if anybody has a suggestion on how i can fix this, it would be much appreciated.

Specs:
    Asus M51V Laptop
    2.5GB DDR 3 RAM
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
    Intel Core 2 DUO T9600 2.8Ghz
    Windows XP service pack 3 32Bit
    Windows 7 32Bit
    Linux Mint 14 32Bit with Cinnamon

Hi and Welcome !

I have never used Grub4Dos because Installer of all Linux distros setup dual boot by default, without any problem.
    I would suggest you Repair Windows 8 using its installation media. Re-install Mint and use default option in Boot Loader section this time.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First