Find the answer to your Linux question:
How do you Uninstall Ubuntu Software Center? Been getting errors after installing it (closed unexpectedly). Thought I would add it to the software center that comes with LM14 but just ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Uninstall Ubuntu Software Center

How do you Uninstall Ubuntu Software Center? Been getting errors after installing it (closed unexpectedly). Thought I would add it to the software center that comes with LM14 but just not working. Thanks

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello

Don't know that this will work but you could try this:

Code:
    sudo apt-get remove software-center
    Let us know...
    oz

Just Joined!

Worked I think

Hey Oz, I still have double apps in my All Applications folder. The icons are just a little different. Not a big deal just wanted to clean up what shows. From term I used to get an dpkg type error with an code (1). In the GUI I would get an xapian-index has stopped error. Have not seen these after running the command suggested. The double icons are 2 Backup Tools, 3 Files icons, 2 Konqueror, 2 Main Menu, 2 Network, 2 Software Manager, 2 System Monitor. Some of the icons have the LM14 greenish color to them. Believe that when I installed Ubuntu Software Center on top of what comes with LM14 caused issue. May just delete partition and start over. Thanks for your input.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Hello

I don't run Ubuntu or Mint so I'm unable to test any of this, but I took a look around online and see where on another website they recommend the above command and one additional command to be run after the one above to get the job done:

Code:
    sudo apt-get autoremove software-center
    As noted, I'm unable to test it, but that might remove some part of it that the first command does not.

Maybe some Ubuntu/Mint users will chime in with some tips if they've ever removed the software-center before. I tend to think that the software tools for Ubuntu and Mint might not be compatible, but not certain as it's been years since I last installed Ubuntu, and I've never gotten around to trying Mint.

If you try the command, hope it works out for you...
    oz