Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, peoples im trying to get play on linux to work but it keeps saying please install 7z to use play on linux or something I don't know what that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Play on Linux 7z Problems

Hi, peoples im trying to get play on linux to work but it keeps saying please install 7z to use play on linux or something I don't know what that means. Im running Linux mint 14 cinnamon 64 bit. If you need any other info let me know. Thank you

7z is a compression tool, a bit like gzip or bzip, but provides exceptional compression rates. It should be available through your package manager.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomepilot View Post
    If you need any other info let me know. Thank you
    Once installed, you can run man 7z to get some info about it, or check the online man page:

7z(1) - Linux man page
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Im just curios what do you need a compression manager for a play on linux client? Is it for like compressing game images or something? Thanks for the quick replies

It's probably the chosen compression format for binary updates. I'm not entirely sure what 'play' is, I've assumed it's some game platform, so that has the potential to send binary blocks, whether they be chunks of game graphics or updates to its own interface.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Linux Newbie
    Play on linux is like a front end to wine for installing an playing window games in linux. But I did install it and the message has gone away so thats a good sign. Thanks for the help!!!!