Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i new to linux, i have mint 14. I have corsair vengance 1500 heatset, using it in windows im able to lisent to 7.1 using the driver and software ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Virtual surround sound through usb heatset corsair 1500

Hi, i new to linux, i have mint 14. I have corsair vengance 1500
    heatset, using it in windows im able to lisent to 7.1 using the driver and software it can with, of course, windows only, it is virtual becouse it only have to speaker, my question is if there is any work around to get 5.1 or 7.1 virtual surround sound in linux??? right now it works but in stereo. thanks. i try to explain my best, english is not my first language.

Just Joined!
    Hello, in regards to your surround sound question, you could always just download Pulse Audio program from the software manager in linux mint. It has 5.1 channel surround through hdmi capabilites.
    so the steps are go to menu-->administration-->software manager, then type pulse audio and install. I don't think it has 7.1 surround but I know it does have 5.1 selection. Hope this helps. Just a couple of questions.

First are you just looking to listen to music or is this for video? because this is actually used just for HDMI plug-in for surround recievers or HD TV not as a USB plugin. You didn't explain too much in your question. Well hope this helps.