Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can somebody help me figure out how in a step by step sequence, to install Linux Mint 13 on my system, with the "Cinnamon" desktop interface? After I download this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question How To Install Linux Mint 13 From .ISO (?) Files

Can somebody help me figure out how in a step by step sequence, to install Linux Mint 13 on my system, with the "Cinnamon" desktop interface? After I download this version from torrent servers, I have NO idea what to do with the dozen or so files I see!! Actually, I have no idea even how to use the checksum series to verify the download was uncorrupted or clean, either. This has been going on for weeks, and I fell about as dense and dumb as a rock. Obviously, I have never done this "simple" task before, but am determined to learn how now. I am tired of ordering "live cds" for linux distros that are available online for free. Thanks to all.

Craig

Welcome to the forum. I haven't used Windows in years, but in Brasero disc copy, there is a button for "Burn image". You want to burn the iso image, not copy or write it to disk. Once the image is burned to a disc, set your bios to boot from the cd/dvd drive, put the newly burned image into your cd/dvd player, and restart your machine. Mint should boot as a live image, meaning that it is running from the disc, and no changes will be made to your system. Use this to determine if you like mint or not. If you like it look for the install mint in the menu, and install to your hard drive.
    Registered Linux user #526930

With the ISO located on your machine's hard drive (hdd), install IsoBurn to the machine.

Reboot.

Select the proper drives and files in IsoBurn and
    Burn the ISO to CD at no more than 8X -- here's why

Place the install CD just burnt into optical drive (if not already there), catch the BIOS on another reboot and tell it "Boot to cdrom" or such. (F12 key?)

At partition section, the easiest thing is to use entire drive and wipe all data previously on there in the process. If not wanting to do this, choose another option and partition if possible.
    Best wishes!
    "What you think about me is none of my business"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    At partition section, the easiest thing is to use entire drive and wipe all data previously on there in the process. If not wanting to do this, choose another option and partition if possible.
    Just make nothing that you want is on the HDD that you're erasing!