Find the answer to your Linux question:
This keeps happening to me and I did a few google searches and looked on youtube but could not find the answer. youtube.com/watch?v=TkCSjecmyZg ^That's what is happening when I try ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Black screen after boot help

This keeps happening to me and I did a few google searches and looked on youtube but could not find the answer.

youtube.com/watch?v=TkCSjecmyZg

^That's what is happening when I try to boot Mint 14 from a USB

EDIT: I have gotten passed this issue by pressing F5 to boot, but I know boot into "Render mode" which is very hard on my CPU, does anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks for all of your help guys!
    Last edited by Mr407; 06-06-2013 at 02:20 AM.

Linux User
    How do you watch youtube vids with a black screen?

BTW, youtube is not the best source of debugging information out there. You wanna see jackasses right before the ambulance shows up, sure. But OS boot issues? Nah.

I haven't watched the vid, but I'm sure it shouldn't be posted here.

Pay attention to the

Changing the CD's Default Boot Options
    Use the F keys on your keyboard to change default boot options. I'd try the nomodeset boot option in F6 or the F4 Key and pick what video chip you have or vesa.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Bo...rnel%20Options
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    This worked, thanks a lot I now boot into render mode though

Quote Originally Posted by Mr407 View Post
    This worked, thanks a lot I now boot into render mode though

I don't run Cinnamon so I don't really know what to tell ya. Sorry.

Linux Mint Forums ? View topic - [Mint 15] Cinnamon running in software rendering mode

Code:
    $ inxi -b
    System:    Host: biker Kernel: 3.5.0-17-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: MATE 1.4.2  Distro: Linux Mint 14 Nadia
    Machine:   Mobo: SAMSUNG model: RV410/RV510/S3510/E3510 Bios: Phoenix version: 02UC.P026.20100916.LX date: 09/16/2010
    CPU:       Dual core Pentium CPU T4500 (-MCP-) clocked at 1200.00 MHz 
    Graphics:  Card: Intel Mobile 4 Series Integrated Graphics Controller 
               X.Org: 1.13.0 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1366x768@60.0hz 
               GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel GM45 Express GLX Version: 2.1 Mesa 9.0.3
    Network:   Card-1: Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) driver: ath9k 
               Card-2: Marvell 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller driver: sky2 
    Drives:    HDD Total Size: 320.1GB (5.5% used)
    Info:      Processes: 154 Uptime: 4:25 Memory: 679.1/3887.8MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 1.9.7

Edit: F5 ?
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

What does

Code:
    $ inxi -G
    Graphics:  Card: Intel Mobile 4 Series Integrated Graphics Controller 
               X.Org: 1.13.0 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1366x768@60.0hz 
               GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel GM45 Express GLX Version: 2.1 Mesa 9.0.3
    tell ya.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    i have toshiba satellite m70 laptop. i installed double boot win xp and maya. everything ok, one day when i was shitting down a windows appared about such a process is running and cannot shut down, i forced. when i reboot my desktop icons and the title bar of the windows are disappeared and the wallpaper is black, i can see only start menu and if i open a terminal or other programs the windows with NO title bar with resize minimize buttons... what i could do? my resolution is ok, driver is ok. if i start a terminal and type xfdesktop the icons riappear but the title bar of the windows with the button to close resize the windows no. and when i reboot it is black again. please help