Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Im trying to duel boot Linux mint 15 and windows 7 on to seperate ssds. I have both oses installed on each drive but when I plug them in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Duel boot linux and windows on 2 ssds.

Hello Im trying to duel boot Linux mint 15 and windows 7 on to seperate ssds. I have both oses installed on each drive but when I plug them in to work together everyting messes up. I don't know what else to do. Thanks.

Code:
     but when I plug them in to work together everyting messes up.

Mine aren't ssd. But I have 2 different ide hard drives in separate bays quadbooting 4 different Linux installs. No Windows in that IBM M41 Desktop (it would not handle the strain of Windows 7 or

Time for you to boot a live iso and post as sudo or root

Code:
    fdisk -l
    and

Code:
    blkid
    instead of messes up.

By the way. Both SSD drives need to be plugged in for those commands. Also explicit details on how you installed Windows Bootloader and Mints Bootloader during installs are required.

Might just be you just need to change boot order in bios to get one or the other to boot depending on how you installed bootloader. Me. I used one bootloader and installed grub to root on all my other installs and chainloaded them into the one grub install. (clear as mud, I know).
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home