Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone, I am completely new to linux and i am loving it except for one little thing. My right click menu does not work. When i press the right ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

No right click Mint 15

Hello everyone,

I am completely new to linux and i am loving it except for one little thing. My right click menu does not work. When i press the right button nothing happens. I spent hours scouring the internet for an answer or suggestion and I haven't found anything that could help me. Does anyone out there maybe know what the problem might be and how do go about fixing it.

I should add that since I am so new to linux, I would really appreciate a step by step guide otherwise i'll be lost without it.

Thank you!

Linux Guru
    Find the System Settings, usually from the menu tab in the lower left of the Desktop, System Tools then System Settings and there is an option in that window to configure the mouse and touchpad.

Is this a laptop? or Desktop? Do you have another operating system installed? Does the mouse work on it if you do? Live CD of another Linux distribution, same question.

Just Joined!
    hi Yancek,

thank you for your help. i have tried to look for right click options in the mouse and touchpad settings and i couldnt find anything that worked or even gave me any options for a right click menu. one thing i have noticed is that sometimes my left click will turn into the menu that would normally appear from right clicking. i dont seem to have any control over when it shows up, it just does when it feels like it.

i am using a laptop and it came with windows 8 and when i installed mint my option to boot in windows 8 disappeared from the menu with the operating system options. so in order to access windows 8 i have to go into system setup - save and exit - boot overide - windows boot manager and then windows 8 works well and the right click works fine on there.

everything else, the mouse and the left clicking works completely fine, the only issue i have is the right click.

i downloaded mint 15 from the linux website with the 64 bit. i used a flash drive to install it onto my computer, it was supposed to be dual boot, but like i said, windows 8 dissappeared.

thanks!

Linux Guru
    I don't have Mint installed so can't investigate the mouse problem any more. Do you have Secure Boot on the machine? You should have an option to disable it and/or enable Legacy boot in the BIOS. I haven't used it myself and only used windows 8 in VirtualBox so can't give any more details. Have you tried the Mint forums?

Just Joined!
    i had to disable secure boot in order to install mint and i enabled legacy boot. i think im going to have to re-install mint from a different source. i wanted to create a bigger partition size anyways so that might be good. hopefully that will fix this very annoying bug with the mouse. i understand you cant help me out further, but thank you for your support thus far.